Monday, December 14, 2009

Busy, busy and BUSY!

Wow! We've been busy! There has been so much to do, and to add Christmas shopping on top of it - - Jonathon feels like he didn't even get any days off.

We had his squadron Christmas party already. It was pretty fun to get out of the house for a while AND have a babysitter. I was SO nervous, but the babysitter handled everything just fine (although I hear Jackson threw up on her face. Not sure how this happened, but - I'm sorry!) and he was asleep when I got back. That's a good ending! I got to meet a lot of the people Jonathon works with that I hadn't met yet. We went with another couple - BJ and Ashley. They also took a day trip to New York with us. FUN!


New York isn't that far away - only a few hours - so we planned to go see the big Christmas tree in Rockefeller Plaza. We stopped halfway to drop one of the Steve's kids at Ashley's mom's house. (They live down the road from Jon and Kate Plus 8!) After that, we all got in one car and drove up. For being semi unplanned - it turned out really well. We took a boat tour. We got to see where the Twin Towers were, the Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty among other things. I LOVED
IT. I always said I'd move there and be a writer or in public relations. Now being married and having a young child, that's out of the question - but I absolutely loved walking the streets of Manhattan.

BJ drove - thank goodness because it was stressful!!! Thanks to Ashley for letting him drive her car up there. It was a madhouse! We ended up in China Town - not sure how - but that was cool to see, too. We ate some amazing pizza there and I think we walked enough to burn off a weeks worth of dinners! Jackson couldn't have been better! I honestly think I have the best child in the world. He didn't cry or fuss. He just wanted to look around. He stayed bundled up in his stroller for the first half of the day, but surprisingly that night it wasn't cold. Jonathon and I were actually warm in our coats. So, anyone who is worried about Jackson not having a coat on by the big tree - believe m
e, he was completely covered all day, but by night time there were so many people that he was totally fine to take a picture without all the layers. We were quick.

Now we're just recovering from our busy schedules. Jackson is now officially old enough for cereal and the middle of Janurary we can *try* food if we want to - I'm still undecided. There are reasons for and against - and we still have time to see if he wants it or not.

I'll end with some pictures of NY.

This is where Titanic was supposed to dock.
Me and my love






His beautiful blue eyes. He looks exactly like Jonathon, but got the Dusdal blues!







No comments: