Thursday, March 25, 2010

It's been a while..

It's spring!! I could hardly believe that it was about time to send out Easter cards and start planting flowers. My sympothies go out to all of my family and friends in Colorado who got way too much snow while it was 79 degrees here.

Jonathon, Jackson and I made our way to Baltimore last week to check out the Maryland zoo. We had a pretty great day, and Jackson really loved the petting zoo part (he met a very forgiving goat who didn't mind Jackson pulling on him). However, Jonathon and I agree that it was a pretty small zoo and for he and I it wasn't as exciting as others. Jon likes the Omaha zoo better, while I'd vote for Denver or Phoenix. For Jackson, it was totally fine and we're really glad we went! He loved being outside all day and seeing new things. With that gorgeous weather we just couldn't stay home.

Jackson also got TWO teeth. He has worked so hard for them (Jon and I have, too!) and they came in within a day or two of each other. They are so stinkin cute and he has wasted no time trying to bite his toys. He's also sitting up on his own, except for when he gets really excited when the cat walks by, he reaches so far that he falls over. He's a tough boy and never cries.

Jonathon dug up most of our berm in our backyard. He hated the bushes that were already there and we'd rather plant tall flowers. Poor guy got a case of poison oak (which we still don't know how, I was in the same spots he was and I walked out fine), the doctor told him to get some calamine and the spots on his arms and shins are about gone.


My sister, Jennifer, is getting married tomorrow. I'm sad that my family won't be there, but at least my parents will be and it should be a nice day for her.










No comments: