Monday, April 26, 2010

Oh no! Baby proofing!

So my baby isn't so much of a baby anymore. I mentioned he crawls, and he LOVES to stand. In fact, his favorite thing is when Daddy comes down stairs when he wakes up and sits on the couch while holding onto J's torso so that Jackson can stand and jump "on his own". Jonathon gets worn out faster than Jackson! J can hold himself up if he's holding onto the couch, etc. I've been putting it off, but Jonathon and I took a trip to Babies R Us and bought a walker.

They only had TWO styles. What the heck? The first one looked like it was from 1990, but we tried it out. Jackson mastered to go backwards in the store. Then we tried the much cooler Jeep version (made by Jeep and looks like a Jeep). It comes with rear view mirrors and a steering wheel. Side note - when we put Jackson in a shopping cart, he holds on with BOTH hands and it's probably the cutest thing I've ever seen. When we put him in the Jeep, he quickly found the steering wheel and pushed himself around. Are you kidding? Where did my baby go?

So, Jeep wins. It was $30 more than the other - but hey, he loved it! Then we went to a steakhouse where Jon got salmon and steak. I got queso - but they brought out a plate of steak that was cut up to put inside the queso dip. It honestly looked close to ground beef it was cut so small. Jackson had a taste of that *loved it* and loved the rye bread. Jackson's pedi suggested we give him real food, and I've been chicken in the past - but he does so well with it. He loves his juice in his sippy cup and his "mum mum's" (rice rusks, it's a real thing).

In other news, we had a NFL draft party. How Jackson slept through 8 guys in my living room is beyond me. They had a blast and looks like some good picks were made!

Jonathon and I are working on our outdoor storage tomorrow...fun... Jackson has outgrown so much gear that it's time to pack it away for another day. It's one of many projects we need to get done and probably the least fun. Time to knock it out!

I also got such an amazing phone call from my dad. Congrats to my "Dade" and I'm so happy prayers were answered! Praise God.


No comments: