Wednesday, May 13, 2009

So much coming up!





There is so much coming up, it's hard to think about it all! I'm looking forward to my trip to Colorado for our 4th of July baby shower. All the support from everyone coming is so overwhelming! I have family flying in for that weekend from Arizona, and one of my best friends from Texas is also coming in. It's incredible! We're working on Jonathon getting the weekend off to share in our celebration - I'm crossing my fingers that his flight chief gives the "ok" for him to go. Jonathon was told he's deploying at the beginning of the year - so that presents a whole new set of obstacles to figure out. Luckily, Jonathon and I have built a life together so even though I wish he didn't have to go - things will be so much easier this time! That, and the fact that it should only be for 6 months that we're apart. After dating for 2 years and being long distance, it's been nice to see him everyday and do the little things like making his lunch and doing his laundry. Luckily, my parents have offered to have our boy and I move back to Colorado while Jonathon is away so that I don't have to be alone. Jonathon likes this idea - he worries a lot when he's not with me. Not having to pay rent in this extremely expensive place will be nice - and we'll pay off my car and a good chunk of Jon's. Can't beat that! Plus having family around while Jon can't be with us will be good. However, I'm crossing my fingers that he won't have to go.

Jonathon is hoping to get some hunting in before he goes. He wants my dad to go with him in October to Michigan. Hopefully that will work out. Jonathon says that as soon as our boy can hold up a gun he'll be hunting, too. I explained that he has to be old enough to know proper gun safety - Jon proceeded to talk to Bird and give him a run down of the key points to being safe while handling a gun. I couldn't stop laughing.

Bird is at the point where he kicks so much it's almost distracting. He's extremely active. Overall, he's been super kind to me - I haven't had a lot of the 'normal' pregnancy symptoms and things have been pretty easy. Let's hope labor goes the same way. We don't have much longer to go until we find out!




No comments: