Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Baby Bird is a stinker

It's official - Baby Bird is a BOY! Jonathon and I stayed in that ultrasound for an hour getting images of all the baby's organs and bones. Luckily, everything looks ok so far - we'll get the official word on everything at our next appointment.

Our baby is extremely uncooperative. The lady tried for 15 minutes to get one shot, but every time she went for it, he would move...so she would move the wand and he would then move back to his original location. He had his hands next to his face for most of our session, and he loved playing with his ears. At one point, I put my right arm under my head to see the screen a bit better, and when she got him to move a bit more - he moved his right arm under his head. It was so funny that we were laying the same way.

Our baby bird moved so much that the tech couldn't get a heart beat because he was making all sorts of movements that all the Doppler was picking up was the thunder from his squirming. I loved watching him; he's SO active I already know that Jonathon and I will have our hands full.

He has the cutest little nose and a pretty narrow chin. I also think he kinda has big feet like his Daddy. Apparently at this stage, he is already in proportion - so he'll just get bigger and put on some weight. He's a cute little guy! Besides all of that, his tummy and bladder were full, which means he is swallowing great and his kidneys are working!

The other good news is now that we know the gender, we can order our gear! Bed Bath and Beyond has a great selection (better than Babies R Us) and I just love that store in general. Jonathon and I have looked everywhere, but we keep going back to the brands that Bed Bath and Beyond carries. It's cute to watch Jon look at baby things, or talk to my tummy. He won't admit it, but he's so cute about it.

Our little surprise is on the down hill slope - we're more than half way there!

No comments: