Monday, November 2, 2009

Another week, another post

Happy November!

It's fall and I love it! Originally, Jonathon and I wanted to get married in the fall. I love the colors and the crisp air - but February worked out great, too!

All my family and friends back in Colorado got dumped on with snow. I think I heard the official number was 2 feet in most areas. I know Colorado is supposed to get snow, but this was a ridiculous amount. They got more this last week than all of last winter! Meanwhile, here it was just warm and rainy. Leaves cover our entire neighborhood - especially our lawn (we have a MASSIVE tree in the front) and our street. It looks so pretty though since the leaves are all red, orange and yellow. Needless to say, even though it looks pretty - we didn't get out very much since it rained so hard. I took Jackson to Bed Bath and Beyond and the furniture store - but that doesn't really compare to a nice long walk.

By Halloween, Jackson was really ready to get outside. He loves going out and getting fresh air. Jonathon had that night off, but they needed him to patrol the neighborhood on foot with other cops. Great. Instead of sitting at home, Jackson and I got outside. We even ran into Jonathon and his partner - which we didn't expect at all, but was really fun. By the end, Jackson was conked out in his stroller, which I appreciated after several nights of him not sleeping at all.

The countdown started long ago, but Jonathon leaves for Michigan in 11 days. He's very excited about "shooting Bambi". I strong armed my mom into coming and visiting while he's away. I know that we won't be going home for any holidays this year, so I wanted one last visit. It's hard being away from her because we're friends. But we've both adjusted nicely and I am pretty used to being alone but it's great to have the company! She's in Phoenix right now, and this would be her 4th trip in 2 months so I know she's going to be ready to go home and stay there for a while. We're going to buy wood letters that spell out "Jackson" and stain them for his room. I've never done that before, but she has a million times so I figured it would be a good project. Jonathon and I have discussed moving him into his room after Christmas - and I think we're both hesitant but know it has to come.

Below are some pictures from Halloween and Jackson's costume!

No comments: