Tuesday, June 8, 2010

And so the countdown begins...

Since I didn't address Memorial Day in the last post - Happy Memorial Day. Thank you to everyone who serves our country directly as active duty military and indirectly as the families behind them!

First off, my baby boy who was pulling himself up a few times a day into a standing position is now pulling himself up every single chance he gets. He'd be walking right now if he's just walk and not try to run. I was sitting in our cat napper - the recliner - watching Jackson crawl by the stairs. He's never had a fascination with them before, but I knew it was coming. And it did. He's actually pretty good considering. He got up a few before deciding to do something else.

I was told that at 9 months old, children do not understand the concept of "no". However, I think Jackson does. We've been working on the cat food issue for a few weeks. Since there isn't another place for it, Jackson just has to learn not to touch it. Every morning when he follows the cat to his bowls and tries to grab it, I say "no". Early on, I would go get him and walk him somewhere after. Now, I can see him going for it and say "no" and he backs off. It's pretty amazing really. What a genius baby we have!

Jonathon had his "pre op" for his eye surgery yesterday. Poor guy had to be there at 7:45 am. He switched his whole schedule for only one day, which is always hard to do. He came home exhausted, goofy, and he couldn't see. (They dilated his eyes) They should call him with his appointment time soon. He's so excited to not need glasses or contacts, but nervous that they're going to work on his sight.

Jonathon and I have started preparations for him leaving. After thinking about it, as much as I hate him leaving, I'm SO glad he's not going to Afghanistan or Iraq again. I worried so much while he was there, and his job was no easy task. At least in Korea, he'll have steady hours and it will work the same as stateside. I'm also thankful that he is desk sergeant qualified, and his flight chief has some contacts in Korea, and Jonathon could very well get a desk sergeant job there. He would be inside a building all day!! He's excited for that.

We've just planned that he'll take leave mid tour, or around Jackson's birthday, and we'd take a vacation somewhere. I guess that's all the news over here. I know it's not very exciting. Maybe as we get stuff packed and the ball rolling I'll have better news!


No comments: