Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Keep on keepin on...

Another week, another post. Our big "win" this week is Jackson is officially pulling himself up to a standing position. He loves to pull him self up to the couch to grab the cat, or the remotes to the tv. I am SO glad our cat is so understanding. To date, we haven't had one incident with him getting angry with Jackson. We're teaching him to be gentle, but I think that process takes time. In the mean time, I love that our cat just lets Jackson pull on him, slap him, etc, without attacking my baby. Poor kitty!

Jackson really loves how much he's able to move around now. He's getting frustrated that he can't walk yet, but crawling will have to do. Our whole downstairs is baby proofed, minus the cat food and water. I love that he can crawl just about anywhere and I don't worry if he'll get hurt or get into something. Currently, he's not interested in the stairs or the bathroom...but those things will change and when they do we'll have to block those off.

Jonathon called me on Monday evening and told me he got orders to...wait for it............flippin Korea. I think I'm still shocked. I'm not sure it has hit either one of us yet - but I know currently Jonathon is very excited to get base of preference when he gets home. Jackson and I will no doubt move to Colorado so that I'm not completely alone here. Where and when is undecided, but it seems like the best option. I have lots of friends with kids near Jackson's age, and with all the family around, Jackson will have so much fun. Lots of people have said that we can visit Jonathon. I'm not sure if I'll attempt that flight with a baby - but I know he should at least get a break somewhere in there. If he's able to leave, it's a quick hop to Japan or China. I guess we'll see!

So, it's time to make a plan and figure things out. It's time to jump on board with this crazy idea and make it work. I'm going to look into Skype so that Jonathon and Jackson can say their goodnights and goodmornings. I'm going to load up on paper so we can write him letters. I'll make friends with the Fort Collins post office again since I'll be back in there 2x a month sending packages. I'll make sure I have the right phone cards to send. I'll make sure to send him videos of Jackson's "newest" thing.

Jonathon and I have done this before and we can do it again. We appreciate all the support we've gotten and prayers offered! This is our newest adventure.


No comments: