Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Almost there


It's the end of an era...almost! Jonathon will be home in the next week or so. PRAISE THE LORD! We have both waited for so long for this.

Our wedding was absolutely amazing! After I stopped crying... My favorite part was our cake, which Jon and I never even got a piece of. Thank you to everyone who made the trip to share in our day.

We have been married for 7 months, but we haven't even lived together. I was in Colorado when I got a call saying I had 10 (yes 10) days to move to Maryland. For anyone who's wondering, it's 1700 miles from Colorado. Thank goodness for a great family to help pack, load and move with me! Between my parents, sister, brother, niece, nephew and some movers that we jacked from the neighbors I was all moved in.

I've been in Maryland for 2 months now. I actually really like it. I have learned my way around, and where to go for all of my shopping therapy. I've also learned where not to go. No seriously. I've decided that any city ending in the word "Heights" is off limits. IE: Capital Heights, District Heights, etc. I ended up in Capital Heights, and a cop actually laughed at me when he heard where I was. Great...

Let me tell you that Maryland doesn't have bugs. I'm sure they are dinosaurs. They are massive and everywhere! I'm into prevention, so I just spray everywhere, always. Here's a good story. Jonathon called me at night, so I was sitting in his car talking to him. It's dark. All of a sudden, I see my trash can MOVE. No joke. So I sit and wait a minute. I realize there are animals in the trash can. I honk the horn to get Mindy out there. I make her get into the car...and we wait. Sure enough 15 minutes go by, and TWO raccoons pop the lid off the can and climb out. What is that?!

Jonathon and I pick up his puppy in a few days. She's super cute. We'll be a family of four. (Don't freak out, we have a cat, too)

Please keep Jonathon and his friends in your prayers until they are safely back on US soil.

Love, natalie



2 comments:

ShakonaTX said...

Hey Girly,

I like your page, great idea. Thats definetly one way to gain more TV time you wont have to talk to all us nosey ppl..LOL. JK!! I really miss you, glad we could meet up in CO. Cant wait to come visit you in your new place. Hope all is well.. Tell Jon I we said "Hello" if I dont talk to you before then! Love & Miss you! Shakona

Anonymous said...

Natalie! That would be so hard to live without your new husband for 7 months!! I'm glad for your sake that he'll be home soon! How is life in Maryland?