Saturday, September 27, 2008

Only a few more days!


I'm so thankful that Jonathon let me know today that he is leaving Iraq tomorrow. FINALLY. It has been such a long year, and I think we're both just done. It has been a lot of work, but luckilly, we're at the end.

Suddenly, I have to run around the house cleaning everything up. My dining room is hardly ever used, since most nights Mindy is working - I eat alone upstairs. Even so, cleaning it was such a chore! Good grief. A good amount of Diet Coke keeps me going. My list of "to dos" is shrinking.

I get to pick up our puppy on Tuesday. I've gone to see her twice. The bre
eders are in Virginia, and some of the best people I've met. She's a Bloodhound, and currently 25lbs. We're thinking she'll be close to 100lbs full grown. (That's 23lbs less than me! She's a whole other person!!) Even so, she's very cute, and I think Jonathon is looking forward to seeing her more than our new house!

Mindy is moving out this week. As much as I'll miss her - I like that I get the trade of getting my husband home. She's moving to Alexandria, Virginia, which is about 15 minutes from us (Just across the bridge!). I'm sure we'll have her and her boyfriend over often.

We're still undecided if we're going to Colorado for Christmas. I believe Jonathon has ALS (training) this fall, so I'm not sure we can get away. It may be my first Christmas away from my family. Everyone please make sure to send Christmas cards!


I hope everyone is enjoying the fall weather. It's still so rainy here - I think from the storm down in the Carolinas. Our tile floors are getting so cold, not even socks keep us warm.

I'll share pictures soon of Jonathon at the airport at his big homecoming. I'm so excited I can't even explain!! Take care everyone! God Bless..


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That really sucks that they keep pushing it up and then pulling it back. I'm sorry. I can't wait to see pics of your house.
Ya, I know. No one thinks that way. When you say you don't work, I'm sure the first thing that pops into your mind is that we're newlyweds and we need to support our families and go get a job to bring in money and blah blah blah. But yeah, I take classes and spend all of my time working on homework, and cleaning the house and doing laundry, and cooking and the list goes on! Why is it people seem to shut that stuff out?! Where are you going to school?