Sunday, October 11, 2009

Is it Monday yet?



Jackson and I are wrapping up our first week alone! The beginning of the week was pretty rough. In a four day period, I had about ten hours of sleep. Yes, I did feel like a zombie, and yes, I probably looked like one too. He did sleep really well one night, but at that point, I had been up for so long that I couldn't fall asleep with him. It was a bad situation, but we handled it really well and got through it.

On Jonathon's days off, I ended up taking Jackson for a two hour car ride around Maryland in the middle of the night. He fell asleep within the first half hour, but I knew the second I took him out of the car he'd wake up - and the little guy just needed some rest. So, we just drove - and on a side note, driving here isn't all that bad when there's no traffic.

For the most part, Jackson doesn't cry when he's awake. He just wants to look around, and he gets bored if I don't change rooms often enough. I forget he's only a month old - he is so active and incredibly strong. I was reading online about milestones babies hit, and they said at his age he may start to hold his head up briefly. I laughed because Jackson was doing that the day he was born. Now, he holds his head completely on his own and has for a while. Most parents think their child is advanced, but the doctor was even impressed with how strong his muscles are.

By this weekend, he would only fall asleep for 20 minutes at a time and wake up screaming. He seemed like he was in a lot of pain, and I would cry too since I didn't know how to help him. I just held him for hours. I ended up calling my mom, who was on vacation in Phoenix (Sorry Aunt Michelle) - I needed answers. Between my mom and Aunt Michelle, they told me to get gripe water. After a couple stores, I found it. It seems to help his tummy a lot, and helps him sleep because he isn't in pain. At his next appointment, I'm going to ask about reflux since he's spitting up as well. But, for now, we're doing pretty darn good. Jackson and I are a pretty good team.

I know they say babies don't smile in reaction to anything yet - but I swear Jackson smiled about 15 times this morning when Jonathon was playing with him. It was the funniest thing. Jon and I just sat and laughed. He looks a lot bigger in pictures, which I still haven't quite figured out because he's a small guy still - but here are a couple pictures.




No comments: