Sunday, October 18, 2009

Photo sharing

I'll try to keep this post shorter - whether or not I succeed or not will be another story. ;)

Jackson is just growing like a weed. I remember my mom saying that about me, but I now know how true this statement can be. He officially is out of "newborn" clothes and diapers. It was actually just in time as we only had about 3 or 4 newborn diapers left when we decided that they were just too small.

We're also officially done with week two of being home by myself. I'm learning all the ins and outs of getting things done one handed. I am still currently learning that it might be (gasp!) ok to leav
e him in his swing while fussing if I have to be right outside our bedroom doing laundry. Still in the early stages of catching onto that one though.

We've discovered Jackson doesn't really love baths...he prefers showers. We put his towel in the dryer while he's in there so when he's done there isn't a huge temperature shock. He loves his warm towel. However, this also goes for his dad who reminds me to warm his as well. Spoiled boys. ;)

Jonathon leaves for his hunting trip in just a few weeks, and I'm starting to feel my hesitation. The mechanics of taking care of Jackson aren't hard - it's the 5 days straight with no sleep I'm worried about. I'm still trying to get my mom to come hang out - 5 days alone would be pretty lonely
but I'll live with it if she's busy with her own kiddos.

As for the pictures... My Aunt Michelle was amazing enough to meet us in Colorado to do his newborn photos. He was a stinker a lot of the time and would sleep when we needed him awake, and be extremely alert when we needed him to sleep. She managed to get some adorable shots o
f him though and I never get tired of looking at them! I'm having such a hard time deciding which ones to frame because I love them all. I'm sure our house will have an overload of pictures of our boy. She also made me a collage (she's too good to me!) which we'll frame and put in his room. Enjoy!



























No comments: